Commercial Motor

Covers your motor vehicles against loss or damage as well as third party liability arising from their use


What is Commercial Motor Insurance?

A motor policy that provides cover for single business use vehicles up to fleets of hundreds of units, including cars, vans & trailers to goods carrying vehicles and mobile plant & equipment.

You may elect to cover your vehicles comprehensively or for third party property damage only or third party property damage, fire & theft.

Generally, a Commercial Motor policy is for businesses with 15 or less vehicles whilst a Motor Fleet policy is for fleet sizes of more than 15 and provides some greater benefits tailored to the different needs of a larger business.

All vehicles will be insured on the one policy – no need for separate policies all due at different times.

Who should consider it?

If you have a business use vehicle you should consider a Commercial Motor policy, that will provide greater coverage and benefits than a standard motor policy.

  • Executive cars
  • Vans
  • Utes
  • Trucks

Did you know:

A Commercial Motor / Motor Fleet policy often provides cover for automatic additions. In other words, if you purchase another vehicle you are automatically covered as long as it is a similar type of vehicle already insured on the policy. You must let the insurer know the particulars within a certain time frame (often 14 days).

What can it cover:

You may choose 3 coverage options:

  • Comprehensive cover
  • Fire, theft and third-party property damage
  • Third party property damage only

Other benefits may include:

  • Automatic cover for accessories to a certain limit
  • Accommodation & travelling expenses
  • Automatic additions / new vehicles purchased
  • Excess free windscreen claims
  • Automatic trailer cover
  • Hire car options
  • Tools of trade & personal property
  • Finance gap protection
  • Signwriting
  • Towing
  • Loading & unloading
  • Non-owned vehicle liability
  • Claims Experience Discounts (available in fleet policies which provides a return premium after the policy is renewed, in the event of satisfactory claims)

What isn’t covered:

Standard exclusions applying to all motor policies will include:

  • Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
  • Unlicensed drivers
  • Overloaded vehicles
  • Unroadworthy vehicles
  • Vehicles used for hire or reward or let for hire
  • Incorrect fuel
  • Breakdown
  • Heavy motor vehicles will have a geographical limitation (i.e. 250km from base) which you will need to choose

Some sections of cover will be optional and will not be covered unless requested by you and agreed by underwriters.

Other exclusions will apply and you should review any quote received carefully and consider the policy wording for all policy terms, conditions, exclusions and limitations.

"We take the hard work out of getting the right cover"

Related Insurances

Professional Indemnity
Workers Compensation
Business Pack
Management Liability